Personal Accident - Frequently Asked Questions
For a question on our Personal Accident Insurance products you can search our FAQ section below. If you’re unable to find an answer to your question here, speak to one of our dedicated insurance advisors on +968 249 35 050
1.Are there any age limits?
We do not insure persons under 18 years or over 65 years
2.Are certain activities excluded under the personal accident policy?
Yes, these include:
- Aviation except for Air Travel
- Diving necessitating the use of breathing apparatus
- Football other than association football (soccer) as an amateur
- Hang Gliding
- Hunting, Racing or any other competition on horseback
- Motor Competitions
- Motorcycling as a rider or passenger on a machine with an engine capacity in excess of 50cc
- Mountaineering, rock or cliff climbing
- Pot Holling
- Racing on wheels
- Sport as a professional
- Use of woodworking machinery for business purpose
- Water ski jumping and tricks
- Winter sports other than curling or skating
- Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, Karate or any form of unarmed combat
- Yatching beyond 5km of any coastline
3.Are pre-existing disease(s)/conditions covered?
4.Does being pregnant affect my personal accident insurance cover?
Yes. Our personal accident cover excludes any claims arising from pregnancy including childbirth, miscarriage or abortion.
5.What are the many things I am not covered against in my policy?
- The excluded activities in question 2
- Suicide or any attempted suicide
- Wilful exposure to needless peril
- Drug addiction or overdose
- Illness or disease
- pregnancy or childbirth
- War and/or terrorism