Frequently Asked Questions
A "No Claims Discount" (NCD) is the discount given on your premium following one or more complete years of cover without a claim. The amount of discount begins at 5% but could be earned up to 40%
No. Comprehensive cover is available only for vehicles up to the age of 5 years. If you require Comprehensive cover for any vehicles over 5 years, your application will need to be referred to our insurance specialists who will review each case and will be as supportive as possible in helping you with your requirements.
- Damage to your motor vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, theft, or a malicious act unless specifically excluded
- Expenses against third party bodily injury/ property damage arising out of use of the insured vehicle
- Death or bodily injury to any third party/person.
- Damages to third party property arising out of the use of your motor vehicle.
The fixed amount specified in the policy schedule to be borne by the Insured for each accident. Our standard excess is as per the Omani law.
In the unfortunate event of a claim you will need to submit the following documents along with your claim form:
- Al Ahlia Claim Form
- MRTA (Minor Road Traffic Accident Form) in case of minor accidents
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of registration card (mulkhiya)
- Police report
Oman regulations support agency repair cover in the first year following registration as a new vehicle. In subsequent years, we offer agency repair cover at an additional premium.
We do not usually offer agency repair for older vehicles, however if do you require this cover, your application will need to be referred to our insurance specialists who will review each case and will be as supportive as possible in helping you with your requirements
Insurance for high-value cars above RO 50k or sports cars can be arranged on a referral basis only. Visit any of our branches, or Call +968 249 35 050 for more information today
Policy cancellations may be considered in the following circumstances:
- Cancellation of the vehicle registration and validated by the ROP
- Transfer of ownership of the vehicle to another person
- The vehicle is insured by another insurer
Policy will be cancelled only after producing valid proof for all the above
Premium for the unexpired period is returned as long as no claims were made during the insurance period. The refund is calculated on short period basis as per the Omani Law.
The contract of insurance is between you and Al Ahlia, it may not be transferred to any other person
This is an Oman Traffic law requirement.
An Orange card is a document developed by GAIF (General Arab Insurance Federation) for facilitating easier Motor Third Party claim settlement within its member countries. The Orange Card covers damages caused by the Insured to a Third Party in a foreign GAIF member country.
An Orange Card is required when you are visiting one of the GAIF member countries. The list below includes all member countries.
The Orange Card can be collected from any of our Branches.